We happily register new patients. Please ask at reception. All patients may see the doctor of their choice, not just the one they are registered with. The practice also uses locums so you may be offered an appointment with one of these.
It is advisable to call the surgery to check that you live within the practice catchment area.
Grove House Surgery & Chickenley Medical Centre Catchment Area
How to register:
Please bring your medical card along to the surgery and hand it to reception. If you do not have a card, don’t worry. Provided you are residing within our Practice area and we are accepting new patients, you will be asked to complete a registration form.
Simply fill in Form GMS1 (“Family Doctor Services Registration”) which is available at the reception. (If you wish, you may also choose to fill in an Organ Donor Registration form).
You can download these forms on-line by clicking on the following links. These documents are in PDF format. You may need to download and install a free application called “Adobe Reader” to open these files.
- Download the Permanent Patient Registration form
- Download the Temporary Resident Registration form
- Download the Out Of Area Patients Registration form
- Download the Out Of Area Patients Information Sheet
- Download the Safe Surgeries – Combined Translations Leaflet
- Download the New Patients Registration Information
Please ensure that you complete the GMS1 registration form, new patient registration (for the correct age group) and submit along with a signed copy of the Patient Charter:
- New Patient Registration Form (Over 16)
- New Patient Registration Form (Newborn)
- New Patient Registration Form (Child)
Patient Charter – this is an agreement between the Surgery and Patient and should be completed along with the GMS1 form and registration form
Patient Information Sheet – This gives you some details about the practice which you might find useful.
You will be asked to to complete New Patient information sheet when registering. This is a standard form that gives us a chance to get some basic information (family medical history etc) onto our clinical computer system. These need to be downloaded with Reg form GMS1.